Can Gio mangrove biosphere reserve
Let’s join Saco Travel for a relatively traffic-free route to explore Can Gio - the green lung of Saigon. With its high degree of biodiversity containing more than 200 species of fauna and 150 species of flora, this wetland has become a favorite destination for nature lovers. The efforts of all local people have been incredibly recovering the devastated ecosystem after the Vietnam war and bring this area to the world's most extensive sites of rehabilitated mangrove that is waiting to be visited!
Experience a local ferry crossing Saigon river to Can Gio Island. Take a speedboat to the jungle with a variety of plant pieces and density of river interweaving. Rowing boat to visit a bat swamp which impresses you overall all its silence, broken only by click of the camera. Challenge yourself with unique experiences such as crab fishing & crocodile fishing spot. Enjoy fresh seafood lunch at a local restaurant. Visit the monkey island, which houses at least a hundred wild but unafraid simians.
- Dress codeWe will need your personal details when confirming the tour in order to acquire your travel permit for the site. This will need to be pre-arranged. Inform our guide before trying to go through the tunnels if you have any health issues (heart complications, high blood pressure, claustrophobia, etc). Bring hats, sun cream, insect repellents. There is NO SHOPPING on this tour. SAFETY: Your luggage will be safe in the car with our driver. However, we are not responsible for your money, jewelry, phones and other personal items. • The weather will be very hot and humid from April to middle of May. We would like to hear your feedbacks to improve our services, please kindly let us know. Thank you!
- 8:00 AM: Start our exciting day driving through the bustling district 4 and the city's most prosperous of district 7 to Binh Khanh ferry. Then take us to rural coastal suburban district of Can Gio. Drive through a flatland dotted with tiger prawn farms, swallow nest houses that have recently changed local lives on this low-income island.
- 10:00 AM: Jump on a Eco-adventure speed boat, feel the wind and the green extensive mangrove forest.
- Explore Giant Bat swamp by rowing boat.
- Try your luck with crab fishing and an adventurous crocodile fishing. You are protected in a composite boat which has a firm B40 grid nest.
- Stroll down to the mangrove jungle by crossing a hanged-bridge
- Savor our lunch at a local restaurant and then head to the monkey island. You can possibly buy some nuts and feed the monkeys and capture these fun moments!
- Our tour will end at the hotel at around 4:00 PM.